Dr. Tank was the recipient of the 2016 Rodney F. Ganey, Ph.D., Faculty Community-Based Research Award, given annually by the Notre Dame Center for Social Concerns.
- Dr. Tank invited to show case our research: University of Notre Dame’s “2015 ND Day” A global celebration of the Notre Dame mission that engages, informs, and inspires people to take action and give back, April 26-27, 2015, Notre Dame, IN. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLP6oVOx8HI
- RCPP team is preparing for the first meeting with stakeholders of the Kirkpatrick Ditch Watershed.
- Tank Lab women will participate in Girls Ambitious about Learning Sciences (GALS) event for 5th-8th grade girls at St. Pat's Park May 14 (Signup Info: http://www.sjcparks.org/calendar.html)
- The entire lab is preparing to travel to Sacramento, CA for the annual Society for Freshwater Sciences meeting.
- Martha Dee received an Honorable Mention from the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (NSF-GRFP).
- Matt included in the Social Responsibility for Researchers (SRR) 2016 cohort at the Reilly Center.
- Shannon Speir accepts incoming position in the Tank Lab for July 2016 on Notebaert Fellowship.
- Martha travels to Trento, Italy, for collaboration with researchers at The University of Trento.
- Dr. Tank awarded 2016 Ganey Community Based Research Award from the Notre Dame Center for Social Concerns.
- Indiana Watershed Initiative cover crop project highlighted at White House Water Summit (for more information about World Water Day, visit http://www.unwater.org/worldwaterday)
- Martha, Matt, and Brittany traveled to Purdue University to learn new methods for measuring stream denitrification.
- Eagle Cam is installed at ND LEEF (LIVE FOOTAGE: http://environmentalchange.nd.edu/programs/nd-leef/eagles/).
- Visiting professor Tenna Riis (Aarhus University, Denmark) arrives.
- Arial successfully passes her candidacy exams.
- Ursula presents water quality research to stakeholders and farmers in Indian Creek Watershed, Illinois.
- Dr. Tank named director of ND Environmental Change Initiative.
- Matt participates in Fundamentals of Ecosystem Ecology (FEE) course at the Cary Institute.
- The lab participates in a diel sampling in Shatto Ditch and the Tippecanoe River
- Brittany and Arial finish field work at LEEF
- Brittany successfully passes her candidacy exams
- Gillian Duffy visits from Dublin City University, Ireland to field test a pair of novel phosphate sensors
- Arial, Matt, and Brittany attend a conference on Critical Zone Science, Sustainability, and Services in a Changing World at Purdue University
- Alessandra Marzadri from the University of Trento, Italy visits to collaborate with Martha Dee
- Arial, Matt , and Martha participate in a Tippecanoe Watershed Foundation raft trip with local high schools
- Science Sunday at LEEF
- Martha visited Loyola University for MIMS analyses
- The entire Tank Lab participates in a synoptic sampling effort for greenhouse gasses in the Tippecanoe River, IN.
- Matt Trentman presents a poster at the LTER All Scientists Meeting
- Brittany Hanrahan receives a graduate student fellowship from Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE)
- Dr. Tank and Brittany Hanrahan meet with Jackie Walorski in the Shatto Ditch Watershed on her G.R.O.W. Tour
- Arial Shogren and Brittany Hanrahan participate in a Tippecanoe Watershed Foundation raft trip with local high schools